Hello to my beautiful brides. I want to thank you for taking the time to read my Summer Series Blog on “How to Have an Elegant Wedding on a Small Budget” and I hope I will give you some advice and education to help you in your planning! Plus great planning tools along the way.
The one and most important thing I would like for you to remember if nothing else is, don’t lose sight of what this event is really about. YOU as a couple, your love for one other, and the commitment you are making to each other in front of God and your family. There are going to be times during your planning when tempers are going to flare, tears will fall, and of course lots of compromise, laughs and kisses.
The first step in planning a wedding is to Dream, (after telling everyone about your engagement). Get a notebook, whether it’s going to be the start of your “Wedding Day Binder” or just a notebook, and talk out what you’ve always dreamed of. Just a little secret, most men have their “must-haves” for their wedding. No answer is wrong, so please try to keep faces and opinions to yourself until it’s all out in the open. Then when all the brainstorming is done, the next step is to compromise and bring your vision to life.
When you are dreaming, here are some questions to answer for you to answer:
1. What do you envision as the ideal day?
2. Have you had your eyes on a particular venue or look of the venue?
3. What style of wedding do you want? Black-tie, Formal, or Casual?
4. How many guests do you invite?
5. Do you want a lunch or dinner reception? Buffet or Sit-Down? What kind of food?
6. Band or DJ?
7. Are flowers important to you?
8. What time of year?
9. Outdoor or indoor (both Ceremony & Reception)?
10. What type of Ceremony? Religious or non-denominational?
Of course there are many more questions to answer, but this should get you started. So dream and dream big, than start figuring what you can accomplish with what you have to work with.
Weddings Laughs & Smiles,
Next Week: Budget